Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

3 Tier wedding cake with fresh flowers

I love making wedding cakes.  I love delivering wedding cakes.  I love setting up wedding cakes.  I love eating wedding cakes!  This is the cake that resulted in the red velvet cake a few posts ago, and yes, the middle tier did end up being spice cake.  The bottom and top tier are 3 layers each of chocolate cake, and 2 layers of almond buttercream.  The middle layer is 3 layers of buttermilk spice cake, and 2 layers of cream cheese frosting.  The whole cake was then covered in almond buttercream, and decorated with the most gorgeous real flowers!  It was a beautiful wedding!



2 comments:

  1. Whoever came with 3-tier cake idea did an amazing job. It looks gorgeous at parties and mouth-watering too. I tried to make one at my nephew’s birthday last year. We celebrated his birthday in an outdoor LA venue. My friend helped decorating and arranging things.

    ReplyDelete