Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2011

More Dr. Seuss Characters!




First, let me apologize.  I'm a terrible blogger.  The worst.  I will look at my blog, and realize it's been over a week since I've even thought about writing a new post.  To be fair, I've been really busy.  In the last 7 days, I have single-handedly cut, baked and frosted over 1000 cookies.  The kids are back in school, and that helps me get my work done, but I have one little distraction at home.  What am I supposed to do when I have such a cute distraction?  



Have I mentioned he's a bit of a handful?  Sorry - back to cookies!  I had a client request a Dr. Seuss themed cake topper.  Since I don't have as much luck working with fondant as I do with cookies, I asked if she would mind if I made the cake decorations out of cookies.  She agreed, and I got to work!  I wanted to make something special, something to match her adorable invitation.


I first frosted some scalloped round cookies in blue frosting with white dots to match the invitation background, and let the cookies completely dry.  I then hand sketched the characters on the cookies, and piped on the details.





The number 2 shaped cookies were the party favors.  



1 comment:

  1. Jen these are ADORABLE! They might be my favorite ones yet!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete