Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Dora ballerina, tutus and ballet slippers

I had a request for some ballet cookies for a 3-year-olds' ballet recital.  I made some regular cookies, and a few cookies on a stick, because the mom wanted to make a cookie bouquet.  Since I was shipping them all the way to Alabama, I had to make them as sturdy as possible.

 The Dora cookie is huge!  I couldn't find the right size cookie cutter, so I washed the lid of my recipe box and used that!  I like how it turned out because the corners were rounded.  It ended up being about 7"x6".  I drew her first with an edible marker, all free-hand, then I piped and flooded all the details.




For the ballet cookies, I first filled the cookie with white, let it dry, and then added the pink accents.  The tutus are piped on first, then you use a paint brush to make it look sheer.  I added a little luster dust shimmer to the bodice and the skirt.



The ballet slippers were made the same way as the tutu, and I added some little bite size cookies that coordinated with the order.







No comments:

Post a Comment