Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

Road Bike Cookies!

Jim and me at the ULCER century a few years ago

A little while back I made a cookie bouquet for a friend of mine.  He is the most amazing athlete, he competes in cycling and triathlons all the time.  The most amazing part, though, is that he is almost 80.  You heard me, 80!  He is the husband of a dear woman I have worked with for almost 10 years, and when I got my new road bike, he was the first in line to go on a long ride with me.  I owed him for something nice he did for me and my husband, he gave us his slot in a century and a smaller ride a few weeks ago, and they are expensive events so I wanted to give him something to show how thankful I was.  He has a silver bike, and loves the Utes, so I made him some cookies to represent those.  I also made bike tires and a water bottle.






No comments:

Post a Comment